Prince & Sons Family Butchers

Youth Team Into Final

9:49pm, Thu 29th Apr 2010
Woking 3 - 2 Hayes & Yeading
Lucas Fettes Youth Cup – Semi-Final
Thursday, 29th April - ko 7.30pm

Anyone wanting to watch a calm game following Tuesday night's first team match should have stayed at home, with this game proving to be your typical cup match with plenty of action.

Woking started the game with a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Ollie Palmer as the lone striker, and Rob Carr and Josh Watkins adding the width.

Hayes & Yeading provided the early pressure, with left back Anson Cousins having to head away a cross in the 2nd minute, and keeper Matt Pegler punching away the resultant corner.

Nathan Webb broke forward for Hayes & Yeading, running through the middle, and was brought down by Aaron Gough on the edge of the area. Joel Jacobs scored the free kick to put the visitors in front after 16 minutes.

Hayes looked to add a 2nd a few minutes later, first team player Daniel Wishart beating a few Woking defenders before they finally stopped his run in the box.

Woking got back into the game in the 23rd minute, Rob Carr heading the ball over the Hayes back-line, and Josh Watkins ran through to get the ball, before slotting it past goalkeeper Alex Tokarczyk.

Half-Time: Woking 1 - 1 Hayes & Yeading

Matt Pegler had to pull off a great save in the 49th minute, Daniel Wishart shooting powerfully towards goal with Pegler reacting quickly to dive to his right.

The Cards upped the pressure around the hour mark with the added physical presence up front of Ola Sogbanmu, and the Hayes defence struggled to cope with both him and Palmer.

In the 69th minute Chris Richards put in a good cross from the right hand side, Rob Carr picking it up on the opposite side, passing to Sogbanmu, who calmly shot into the bottom corner of the goal to give Woking the lead.

Hayes almost got back into the game 2 minutes later, Wishart running into the box, passing to George Issac whose shot hit the outside of the post.

Woking nearly got a 3rd goal soon after, Josh Watkins shooting across the face of goal, but it failed to find a deflection off a Woking player.

Dean Worman got an equaliser for Hayes in the 78th minute, after the Woking defence had presented him with a free shot near the penalty spot.

With the tie looking like it was heading for extra-time, substitute Will Hammond crossed in from the right, with the ball hitting a Hayes defender on the arm, the referee thinking for a moment, looking at his assistant, before giving Woking a penalty, which Ola Sogbanmu dispatched into the bottom left corner with some power to send the Cards into the final.

There was more drama to come a few minutes later, with Daniel Wishart being sent to the dressing room after raising his hands in frustration.

Full-Time: Woking 3 - 2 Hayes & Yeading

Woking: Pegler, Richards, Cousins, Topham, Gough, Eagle, Watkins, Blatchford, Frith (Sogbanmu, 55), Palmer, Carr (Hammond, 85)

Subs: Turpie, Aldridge, Bradley

Booked: Callum Eagle

MOTM: Callum Eagle for a solid defensive display, Josh Watkins also did well on the right.

Shop Online

adidas Third Shirt

adidas Third Shirt

adidas Tiro 21 Track Jacket (Red)

adidas Tiro 21 Track Jacket (Red)

adidas Squadra Training Shirt (Red)

adidas Squadra Training Shirt (Red)

1887 Cardinals Tee (White)

1887 Cardinals Tee (White)

adidas Kitlocker Laithwaite Financial Services Boz's Fruit and Veg BCAS Jewson Lovetts Solicitors Mayford Motors MKJ Prince and Sons Rams FM Seymours Specsavers The National League Vanarama

Woking Football Club Limited
A company incorporated in England and Wales (company number: ‍03329172)
Registered office The Laithwaite Community Stadium, Kingfield, Woking, Surrey, GU22 9AA

Click here to read our Data Protection Privacy Policy
Click here to read our Accessibility Statement