11:16am, Fri 27th Jul 2012
As most supporters will know â€˜Boost the Budgetâ€™ is a simple way by which fans can contribute directly into Woking FCâ€™s playing budget. This is done through modest monthly payments (from Â£10 per month upwards), annual donations or contributions into bucket collections. The money is donated to Wokingâ€™s supporters' body, â€˜The Cards Trustâ€™, who in turn give it to the club in exchange for shares. â€˜The Cards Trustâ€™ is therefore now the second biggest shareholder in Woking FC.
Last season â€˜Boost the Budgetâ€™ committed to raising Â£20,000 for Garryâ€™s budget but was, in fact, able to give Â£24,000 which was key in the final push for promotion. In addition through Goldrush and other fundraising income we were able to help purchase vital equipment to improve pitch preparation. A lot of people doing a little can make a huge difference!
This year we have committed to contribute a minimum (any surplus will be made available in the January window or for next season) to the playing budget of
Again we need your help!
- Firstly if you contribute to BtB thank you so much â€“ it has been key in helping us turn the corner and win promotion. Hopefully you have appreciated the improvement in quality of play on the pitch
- If you gave a one off donation of Â£120 instead of monthly contributions would you consider doing it again? We will keep your name in the draw throughout August but will remove it if we donâ€™t hear. If it would be easier to switch to giving monthly of course you can do that.
- If you are able to start giving monthly or perhaps increase your contribution please do so.
- Monthly draws will begin from the end of August and we are always looking for monthly prizes which are worth about Â£30 - Â£50. If you can contribute a prize (wine, restaurant vouchers, barbecues, hospitality packages, Christmas vouchers, free car service etc) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . We always give the donor a plug on the website.
- There will be bucket collections in October and January and permanent collection buckets in the club bar and shop.
- Please support all club fundraising events if you can.
- Finally donâ€™t forget to join, or renew your membership, of the Cards Trust. It's only Â£10 and allows you to vote, get generous reduced rates on away coaches and discounts in the club shop. It could save you well over Â£100.
- All the necessary forms can be found here or you can do everything in the club shop.